Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Illness with Fibro


Today I’m not just in Fibro pain.  CFS is rearing its ugly head, and I have a kidney infection as well.  Last night I slept wrapped in heating pads trying to keep the pain down... checking the clock every few moments to see if I could call my doctor yet.   


It really seems like there is no Silver Lining to being sick while you have Fibro.  It’s all grey and dreary and the clouds are too dang thick.  On top of your incomprehensible pain, your immune system is attacking your body as well.  It’s the final betrayal... not only has your body succumbed to the permanence of chronic pain, it has also opened the gates to more.


Except that unlike Fibro, this will pass.  Unlike a chronic illness, it’s only a temporary agony.  There are antibiotics, there is an abundance of cold medicines, supplements, and treatment plans. It’s treatable. Doctors believe in colds and infections... diseases that can be measured and tested.  Many don’t believe in Fibro or CFS (or a litany of other pain-based chronic illnesses), and finding effective treatment is nigh impossible.


Compared to the fight against a chronic illness, almost any “normal” illness becomes an easy battle.
And that, my friends, is a Silver Lining, and the only thing keeping me from collapsing from this damn pain and fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment